Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Twofer Tuesday

I missed updating yesterday, so you get two stories today!

It's Monday

Yesterday, a Monday, one of my assistants was out and another had put in her notice so already it was rocky.  Everything went all right until naptime, when one of  the children decided they would rather have fun with the substitute than stay quiet.  Of course, if you're a teacher, you know how quickly one can turn into many so it wasn't long before I was moving children and hopping back and forth between them.  I commented aloud to the sub, "What is it today?"
One child I was with piped up, "It's Monday!"

Another Great Insight

We have a child that's a picky eater.  She's also one of two girls in the classroom and very sensitive.  Today at lunch, one of the children at her table encouraged her to try her food and she went into her usual routine: head down, facing away, pouting.  One of the boys asked her, "What's wrong with you?"  Then he turned to us and asked, "What's her problem? We have crackers and she usually likes crackers!" I told the children I had just thought of something funny and that's why I had just burst out laughing.  
Somehow, I don't think any of them were fooled. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment