Search This Blog

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Stone Soup

Welcome back! I hope everyone had good, relaxing holiday.  Last time I talked about making Stone Soup and wanted to share some pictures with you.  The children loved measuring the ingredients into the soup and trying them before they went in.  It was a great opportunity to bring in numbers, more/less than, senses, and teamwork.  Not all of the children tried the soup or liked it of course, but as you know, it's the process that counts.  If you haven't tried this yet, I highly encourage it.

 Here's the recipe we used:
2 cans chicken with juice
2 cups water
2 cubes chicken bullion
Sauteed onions
1 "little" (half) cup canned peas with juice
1 cup Cooked pasta, drained
1 "little" cup each cooked sweet potatoes and carrots (use juice if canned)
Salt and pepper
Use more or less to taste.
Measure everything into a microwave-safe bowl, then microwave on high for about 8 minutes.  Plan on 20 if you have to run back and forth to the classroom like we did :)

The results:



I wish you could see the expression of the kid in the back; he's looking at it thinking, "I'm not sure about this."


If you like this, make sure you follow me! Also check out my Pinterest page, "KidatHeart," for more great ideas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment