Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Storytelling

I promised you all some of the kids' stories, so here are some summaries.  The site I used was Storybird and we had a blast!

A marshmallow got stepped on and was about to be eaten, so Super [Name] stepped in and took the bad guy to jail with his lightning powers.

Dinosuars like blue boats. People were flying in a plane so they could drive. (This one was done mainly with a language device)

A cat family likes cuddling and playing with spooky bones (She made sure to add "spooky" without any prompting from me!)

"They're happy. They're saying, 'Dude.'"

My personal favorite: Spongey's Friends.  One of the kids picked about 7 different pictures and told me little stories about them, such as "This one isn't waterproof; he got water on him and had to go in the trash" and "This one got soaked up with a sponge." It read like the Gashlycrumb Tinies! Then he made me do a back cover.

The only thing that keeps me from completely breaking down and crying like a nut is wondering what the next group of kids will think of.



0 comments:

Post a Comment