Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

Bragging time

It's good to reflect every so often and find moments to brag on the kids. We finished up our fire station week with the book The Fire.  We talked about what was on the cover and the kids did great using descriptive words an predictions. The book itself is about a family whose house burns down and learns that the most important thing they have is each other.  The children took everything in stride and commented on what was happening in the book and the emotions the family had on their faces. I have a smart group of kids.

One of my favorite moments from today: A child looked a little sad after he came in, which happened to be during a busy transition time. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "You didn't say hi to me today!"  I leaned down and hugged him, saying, "I'm sorry! I'm glad you're here." He brightened immediately. We never know the impact one little greeting will have on a child!

Praising your kids is important and not just in the boundaries of the classroom. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment