Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Joys of Parenting

Sometimes the best moments come not from the kids, but from their parents.  Every year I head to the used bookstore and get a whole bunch of books to give out as birthday presents. The kids love getting something for their birthday from me and the joy on their face when they show it to their friends is wonderful.  I happened to be working late today when one of the parents came in. I said, "Xavier(not his real name), did you get your book?"  Xavier got the book from his cubby and proudly showed it to his dad. His dad "oohed" and "aahhed" and made all the appropriate noises, looking a little tired and wary. Then he asked, "He doesn't get to keep this, does he?" I said, "Yes he does! It's his birthday present. Everyone in my class gets a book for their birthday." The dad beamed just as big as the kid, if not bigger. I couldn't ask for a better end to the day.
Birthday books are the best books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment